Learn English in Athens
Learning English is important and people all over the world decide to study it as a second language. Many countries include English as a second language in their school syllabus and children start learning English at a young age. If you are living in Athens and looking for a good English school or private English teacher for yourself or for your children etc., you have a lot of options actually. But here, choosing the best option is the matter.
In Greece, apart from public schools and universities, there are a lot of private language schools. In Greek language, they are called "Κέντρο Ξένων Γλωσσών / Kentro Ksenon Glosson" which literally means "Center of Foreign Languages", or "Φροντιστήριο Ξένων Γλωσσών / Frontistirio Ksenon Glosson", which literally means "Private Teaching Institution of Foreign Languages".
Besides those private English schools, you can also find a good teacher to give you private English lessons at your actual level of knowledge. If you want to have everything about your learning program under your control - for example, decisions on which days, at which hours and where you will have your classes - then private courses can be a better option for you.
As AthensMania.Com, we like to inspire and encourage people to learn English or improve what they have already learnt until now. With an English language school or private English teacher suggested by us, you will learn to speak English in a short time. After improving your grammar, enriching your vocabulary and practising enough with your friendly and undertanding teacher, you will have had the self-confidence you need to speak English in public. Learning English in Athens will be a fun activity for you!
WHY LEARN ENGLISH?
There are many reasons why it is a good idea to attend an English class at a language school or to take private English lessons in Athens, Greece. English courses in Athens are available on almost every day of the year, so it will be easy to find a course at a time and date to suit your normal schedule. Moreover, you can easily find a good English tutor to provide you with English private lessons with an even more flexible schedule. However, if you are not convinced of the need to improve your English yet, here is a list of 10 reasons why learning English will change your world in a positive way:
1. English is the second most popular language worldwide, in terms of native and foreign speakers, and the most popular language when it comes to use in business. This reason alone should persuade you to start asking “how fast you can learn English” rather than “why study English”!
2. English has become the language of communication, or at least the language of digital communication. A vast percentage of the world’s website’s, software’s and operating systems are built in languages developed from English. Therefore, if you are conducting business online and dealing with people outside of your country, English will help you to the maximum extent.
3. English is an official language of both NATO and the UN, as well as more than 30 other significant international and regional organisations.
4. By learning English, you will be able to communicate with a huge amount of people. English is the second largest language in terms of both native speakers and those who use it as a second language, so the importance of English is very obvious.
5. With 54 countries using English as an official language, the opportunities to work in other countries will be open to you substantially.
6. With English being spoken in so many countries worldwide, there are numerous good schools across the globe offering English programmes and courses, some of which are in Athens, Greece.
7. English is based on a small and simple alphabet, and its comparatively easy when looking at other alphabets such as Japanese or Arabic.
8. Not only is English the international language of business and technology, but it is also the international language of the arts and science industries as well. So, if you are looking to enter either the scientific or arts industries, then English will be incredibly beneficial.
9. Another great reason for learning English would be how easy it is to learn compared with say, Mandarin (most used Chinese dialect), the world’s most widely spoken language in terms of native and foreign speakers. In fact, a study proves that English speakers listen with only half their minds on the job, whereas the Chinese need both sides of the brain to fully understand the challenges of Mandarin.
10. Finally, if the above reasons weren’t enough to demonstrate the importance of English, then how about broadening your studying horizons? Many universities and schools worldwide are offering an increasing number of courses taught exclusively in English. In order to take advantage of a number of study opportunities and courses, English will be a must for you!